Software not always necessary, especially on Windows, installed immediately without problems on a computer. The same can be said of Corel, with which some users have problems. Next, we’ll look at the root causes and decide what to do if the CorelDraw installation failed.
What to do if CorelDraw is not installed?
Reasons for Coreldraw Installation Failed
There can be several reasons why the program needs to be capricious during installation.
- Incorrect removal of the previous version;
- The presence on the PC of the components contained in the installer;
- System crash and malware.
What to do in the latter case, you probably know. Run antivirus and run a full scan. However, most did not come here for this trivial advice. What to do if CorelDraw doesn’t want to install for more serious reasons?
To install the correct version of Corel, you must completely clean your computer from the old one. It is not always easy to do this. But precisely for this reason, many people cannot, therefore, insert a new product on the computer. During installation, the following messages may appear: “The specified product cannot be installed because another version is already installed.”
How to fix Coreldraw Installation Error?
In the Windows system, there is a special Clean Up utility. If you haven’t found it, you should download it on the Internet from the official Windows website.
- Run Clean Up.
- Then open the list with the list of installed programs.
- Select CorelDraw and click Remove, which is “Delete”.
- Reboot your computer.
- After that, the application will get rid of the annoying software.
It doesn’t always help. And if it helps, sometimes a more serious operation is needed. The registry may remain the key to the program that does not allow the installer to do its job. We have to remove them. Do it yourself better for advanced users, as well as create backup copies of your system and registry.
Click on Win + R. In the open line “Run” type regedit and press “Enter”. Now in the registry we look for the following keys for 64-bit versions and delete them:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ COREL \ CorelDRAW \ 15.0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Wow6432Node \ Corel \ Setup \ CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 15
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Wow6432Node \ Corel \ PCU \ 540215253
For 32-bit systems, we focus on finding these keys and also on deleting:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ COREL \ CorelDRAW \ 15.0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Corel \ Setup \ CorelDRAW 15 Graphics Suite
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Corel \ PCU \ Licenses \ 540215253
And a key that corresponds in both cases:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Corel \ CorelDRAW \ 15.0
Reboot the PC. After that, the system should say the ending “Hi” Korel.
If the program has never been installed
Problems arise in these cases, even if Corel Dro was never on the computer. And the installation warnings are likely to be the same. Like, the program is already installed. It is a pair of components that often rely on almost all versions of Windows: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (installer) and Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable. These are utility utilities that the installer tries to download, but are faced with the fact that they already exist.
There are many ways to get out of this situation:
- Removal of problematic components;
- Installation in a slightly different way.
An easy way would be to clean utilities from Microsoft and reinstall them with Korel.
- Open the “Programs and Components” section from the “Control Panel”.
- Select the “Uninstall and change programs” tab.
- We find there a problematic component Microsoft .NET Framework (web installer) and then Microsoft Distributable Income for Visual C ++ 2015 and remove them.
More difficult: modified program installation.
- Find the Coreldraw installation file. It must have the .exe extension.
- Unpack the contents in a separate folder (right-click, “Extract to …”).
- Download this file.
- Unzip it and replace it with the Redist folder. Of course, it is best, just in case, to save the replaced folder somewhere on your hard drive.
- Please install it again.
The downloaded archive contains a folder located in the installer, but with some modifications. Several files are replaced by other similar, but empty ones: for example, NDP46-KB3045560-Web.exe, then NDP46-KB3045557-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe and again vcredist_x32.exe, vcredist_x64.exe. This is done so that the system will run them and not slow down, issuing warnings. If you can write the necessary .exe files yourself, easily replace them with the ones mentioned above. Subsequently, the installation goes smoothly.
Now you know how to install CorelDraw in different situations and you can easily do it yourself. As you can see, everything is very simple, it is important to understand why the system generates errors.
Sarah Johnson is a Microsoft Office Setup expert and I am working in the technology industry for the last 5 years. As a technical expert, I wrote technical blogs, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup, www.office.com/activate, office.com/setup, office setup