Many companies tend to remote applications, to avoid installing the software on each individual workstation. As well as to optimize resources, without neglecting the possibility of accessing applications even outside the company (perhaps positioning it on the cloud).
Office 365: resolve Outlook configuration issues
The integration of this software with the Office world is much stronger. Then you might think and in some cases. The main protagonist is Outlook, which acts as an engine for sending an e-mail.
- Sometimes it can happen that, although the virtual machine where the software runs configured with Active Directory. Integration with Office 365 does not take place correctly. The most frequent scenario, which triggers these problems, is given when the user’s email is different from his username.
- Trying to configure Outlook returns an error indicating the inability to configure the account
- Even trying to use the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant ( https://diagnostics.outlook.com ) does not come out of the problem.
- However, the resolution is much simpler than it seems. By logging back into the Office 365 administrative console. You need to add a new Alias, but using the domain xxxx.onmicrosoft.com (instead of your public),
- Once done, you can try to configure Outlook again but this time by entering the alias reference
- Since the alias is different from the username, authentication will be requested
- Once the correct values have been entered, you will receive the green light on the configuration
Sarah Johnson is a Microsoft Office Setup expert and I am working in the technology industry for the last 5 years. As a technical expert, I wrote technical blogs, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup